ALPHARETTA, (December 25, 2018) - allnex, the leading supplier of specialty chemicals, offering a broad range of coating resins, additives and crosslinkers for use on wood, metal, plastic and other surfaces, is proud to share some of its sites efforts to give back to the community during this holiday season.
“Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.”
-Vincent Van Gogh
During this hectic time of year, it’s a good time to take a minute to breathe, relax, be thankful for what you have and give back to those who may be struggling or not as fortunate during this holiday season.
We’re immensely proud of our sites and their taking the initiative to give back to their communities. Below we’d like to share with you a few examples of what some of our sites are doing around the globe: whether large or small, every action can make a big difference!
- Alpharetta, GA United States
Our Alpharetta site has teamed up with Goodwill this year to provide new or gently used toy or clothing item for children and adults in the Atlanta area. Donation boxes have been placed around the site to collect the items and will be given to Goodwill right before the holidays
- Bergen op Zoom, the Netherlands
In December our colleagues in the Netherlands celebrate the visit of ‘Sinterklaas’, a traditional celebration for children that has been around since the beginning of the 19th century. Staff in Bergen op Zoom each received a chocolate letter (a traditional delicacy) for which each letter means a donation to the foundation “Jarige Job”. Jarige Job helps low-income families by giving a ‘birthday box’ for their kids – something these families can’t afford to ensure all children are able to celebrate their birthday properly.
- Moscow, Russia
Our team in Moscow worked together to collect gently used clothes for both kids and adults, and then distributed them to those in need. Thank you to the team for helping others!
- North Augusta and Langley, SC United States
Our South Carolina sites have been partnering with Toys for Tots for the last 10 years, this year being no exception. The Marine Toys for Tots Program collects new unwrapped toys and distribute those toys to less fortunate children at Christmas.
- Silvertown, UK: donation of just over £700 to each of the staff nominated charities:
- XLP in Newham and throughout the London boroughs. XLP is about creating positive futures for young people growing up on deprived inner city estates.
- Ehlers-Danlos Support UK, supporting people who suffer from Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS)
- Ambition, Aspire, Achieve at the Terence Brown Arc in Canning Town, to provide experiences for children to explore possibilities they might not ordinarily have to enable them to gain confidence and build self esteem
- Action for A-T, to fund medical research to speed up the process of identifying a cure for Ataxia Telangiectasia (A-T)
- Wallingford, CT United States
Wallingford made a generous donation of $1000 worth of gift card to help Holly Lafond and James Fitzsimmons (two Wallingford residents), in partnership with the U.S. Marine Corps’ Toys For Tots program. Last but certainly not least – Wallingford decorates their site with the annual “Safety Tree” complete with Safety goggles, PPE and ear plugs (see image above).
Thank you to all the allnex staff for all you do for your communities! We wish all of our staff, customers and friends Happy Holidays and a Joyous 2019.