BECKOPOX™ EH 2162 is a newly developed high solids, low viscosity and HAPS-free epoxy curing agent designed for use in low VOC (< 50 g/l) 2K epoxy coatings. This newly developed epoxy hardener is designed to be used in a wide range of concrete primers and multi-layer epoxy coatings systems in the US Market. It has also been designed to be used in conjunction with allnex epoxy resins to create an ‘acid stained look’ achievable in the DIY market space without the need of applying the full acid stain process. This unique characteristic provides users with faster return to use, a simplified process which is also DIY capable and, more vibrant color options.
Key benefits of BECKOPOX™ EH 2162 include:
- Outstanding concrete penetration, leading to improved adhesion & a true ‘wet look’
- Water based system capable of deep penetrating vibrant ‘acid stained look’ colors
- HAPS-free water based hardener designed for low VOC systems
- Exceptional chemical and water resistance
- Excellent adhesion to damp concrete
- Can be top coated with ACURE™
- Excellent hot-tire pickup
- Extended pot-life
Regional Marketing Manager, Tim Kittler says, “With this product we have developed a solution which is particularly applicable for the DIY concrete market like garage floors while capable of providing a color pallet from basic grey up to custom decorative looks, in a low VOC
BECKOPOX™ EH 2162 is a great example underscoring allnex’s commitment to offering green innovations through the development of low-VOC coatings while simultaneously advancing performance.
allnex will be demonstrating these systems and showing the achievable color range at the American Coatings Show booth #1233. You may also find more information on our website, located here.